- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, egg white, water and applesauce; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two 9-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat first five frosting ingredients until smooth. Place a cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with spreadable fruit. Top with second layer; frost top of cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLemon Raspberry-Filled Cake
"I made this for a family get-together and everyone loved it! It was so moist and yummy!"
"I used blueberry jam for the filling and garnished with fresh blueberries- this also tastes very good with the lemon!"
"very good and very easy to make! I made it for Mother's Day, it was a big hit!"
"Delicious and easy to make!"