Lemon Pudding Cups
Love lemon? This delightful dessert from Dolly Jones of Highland, Indiana is sure to satisfy. "This recipe is a favorite from my mother's church cookbook," notes Dolly. The sherbet-gelatin mixture, with little flecks of lemon peel, is light and creamy. With a dollop of reduced-fat whipped topping, the fast-to-fix cups are attractive enough to serve guests.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pint lemon sherbet, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Slowly stir in the sherbet, lemon juice and lemon peel. Pour into six dessert cups. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 84 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Originally published as Lemon Pudding Cups in Taste of Home December/January 2004