- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 5-3/4x3x2-in loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
In a small bowl, mix icing ingredients. Spoon over loaves.
Freeze option: Do not make icing. Securely wrap cooled loaves in plastic wrap and foil, then freeze. To use, thaw at room temperature. Prepare icing as directed. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews forLemon Pound Cake Loaves
"i didn't have ne lemon - so I used lime instead - folks were amazed over the key lime bread!"
"I made this on a dreary rainy NH day and it certainly brightened up the day! Great flavor , easy and a great gift to give! I will be making this again! My cook time was slightly longer."