Lemon Pork with Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 thin boneless pork loin chops (2 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Place egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; dip in egg, then coat with crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, cook pork until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean. In skillet, heat butter over medium heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; cook and stir 1 minute. Serve over pork. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 331 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Jun 5, 2018
This was good but not as good as I thought it would be. It’s a quick supper for sure though.
Jun 5, 2018
I made this for dinner last night and followed the recipe. It was quick and easy and so so delicious! My husband, Mr. Food Critic, announced how good it was at least 3 times!I'll be adding this to the weekly rotation. It has all my favorite things. I think it would be good with chicken as well. I'd be proud to serve this to company too. Thanks for the recipe, Christine!
Jan 3, 2018
Incredible dish! I HIGHLY recommend this one! The breading is light, the mushrooms aren't too heavy (even being sauteed in butter), and the lemon brightens up the whole dish. This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight but is definitely nice enough to serve to guests. My husband gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!