- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 boneless thin pork loin chops (2 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Place egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; dip in egg, then coat with crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, cook pork until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean. In skillet, heat butter over medium heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; cook and stir 1 minute. Serve over pork. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forLemon Pork with Mushrooms
"Incredible dish! I HIGHLY recommend this one! The breading is light, the mushrooms aren't too heavy (even being sauteed in butter), and the lemon brightens up the whole dish. This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight but is definitely nice enough to serve to guests. My husband gave it two very enthusiastic thumbs up!"