This is my family's favorite go-to healthy dish you wouldn't guess is good for you. A little squeeze of lemon gives these crispy, seasoned chops a bright boost. —Christine Datian, Las Vegas, Nevada
Recommended: 17 Slow Cooker Pork Chop Recipes for Busy Days
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 boneless thin pork loin chops (2 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Place egg and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper; dip in egg, then coat with crumbs, pressing to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, cook pork until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean. In skillet, heat butter over medium heat; saute mushrooms until tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; cook and stir 1 minute. Serve over pork. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pork with Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018