Lemon-Poppy Seed Cutout Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and oil; gradually add cake mix and mix well. Stir in poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. flower-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Freeze option: Freeze cookies in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 93 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 15, 2015
Although I liked the taste of this cookie I had trouble with the dough. It was too sticky to roll out so I tried using my cookie press but the dough became too soft too quickly. If I made these again I would just use a small cookie scoop and drop them on the cookie sheet.
Feb 24, 2014
We really like these cookies! The lemon zest gives them a bright, fresh lemon flavor and they look pretty too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.