Lemon Polenta-Topped Berry Cobbler
I love polenta, so I was excited when I came up with this way to use it in a dessert. —Andrea Bollinger, Carmichael, CA
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3-1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, blackberries, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons sugar. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in lemon zest. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto berry mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the coarse sugar, lemon juice and honey; brush over dough. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen tips