Lemon-Plum Pork Roast
My mother often served this recipe for Sunday dinner. The drippings make a delicious gravy. (Leftovers would be wonderful in the recipe below.)
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup plum jam
- 3 tablespoons lemonade
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Sprinkle roast with garlic salt and pepper. Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; stir in the remaining ingredients. Stir until heated. Pour over roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a bowl. Skim fat. In a small saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 269 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Originally published as Lemon-Plum Pork Roast in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook