Lemon Pistachio Wreaths
I have made these fun and festive wreaths for the past few years. The zest from the lemon and crunch from the pistachios create a hard-to-resist sweet.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 to 8 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups pistachios, toasted and finely chopped
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies. Sprinkle with pistachios. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lemon_Pistachio Wreaths in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.