Lemon Pistachio Wreaths
I have made these fun and festive wreaths for the past few years. The zest from the lemon and crunch from the pistachios create a hard-to-resist sweet.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 to 8 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups pistachios, toasted and finely chopped
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, lemon zest and vanilla. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and enough lemon juice to achieve desired consistency. Spread over cookies. Sprinkle with pistachios. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 230 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.