Lemon Pirouettes Recipe
When you've had your fill of chocolate, indulge in one of these refreshing and dainty pirouettes. White candy coating and toasted coconut give each cookie an extra special touch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1. Using a pencil, draw three 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Beat in the butter, lemon peel and extracts. Gradually beat in flour until smooth.
- 3. Spread 2 teaspoons batter over each circle. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 4. Working quickly, loosen cookies from parchment paper with a thin spatula and roll up. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 5. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper and sprinkle with coconut. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 cookie: 73 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Pirouettes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC