Five ingredients and a few moments are all you need to fix this citrus specialty from Brook Kaske. "I originally came up with the recipe to use up leftover pineapple," writes the Rochester, Minnesota reader. "It's a great dessert on a warm evening."
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup chilled lemon-lime soda
- 2 tablespoons lemonade concentrate
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pineapple Smoothies in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p33