Fresh green broccoli turns tangy and tasty when roasted with lemon juice and pepper. A sprinkle of almonds adds crunch. —Liz Bellville, Jacksonville, North Carolina
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli florets (about 12 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place broccoli in a large bowl. Whisk oil, lemon juice, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper until blended; drizzle over broccoli and toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Roast 10-15 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds, lemon peel and remaining pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pepper Roasted Broccoli in Taste of Home November 2014, p80