Lemon Pepper Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1/8-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the milk, cheese and salt; cook and stir over medium-low heat until cheese is melted. Drain pasta; add cheese sauce and toss to coat. Keep warm.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with lemon peel and pepper; mix well. Toss with pasta mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 249 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Nov 8, 2016
Delicious. A more grown-up version of mac and cheese. Easy, too. I added a bit of lemon juice for a little more lemon flavor, otherwise made as is. Try this recipe, you won't be disappointed. Serve with the Grilled Teriyaki Chicken that it is also in the photo, which is also yummy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.