Lemon-Pepper Green Beans
The perfect partner for a rich main course, these delicious green beans from our Test Kitchen bring a light and refreshing flavor, as well as a dash of color to the table. They’re sure to be a hit!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and seasonings until blended. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; drizzle with seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 92 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Seasoned Green Beans in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008
Apr 4, 2011
A fantastic green bean recipe! My children and I don't usually like green beans, but we can't get enough of these! I have to stop my 7 year old from stealing from other people's plates!