Lemon-Pecan Wild Rice Recipe
Rice is a unique accompaniment to turkey ro any number of meaty entrees. This dish has just the right amount of lemon and nutty flavor. —Diane Kensinger, Manheim, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth, rice and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Stir in the onions, parsley, lemon peel and juice. Stir in pecans. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 209 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Lemon-Pecan Wild Rice
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC