Lemon Pecan Slices Recipe
These attractive morsels are my daughter's favorite. The lemon glaze pairs well with the delicate nut-topped cookie. —Melissa Branning, Fontana, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 drop yellow food coloring, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Separate one egg; refrigerate egg white. Add the egg yolk, second egg, vanilla and lemon peel to creamed mixture; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Shape into three 7-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap logs. Lightly beat reserved egg white. Combine pecans and sugar. Brush each log with egg white, then roll in pecan mixture, pressing firmly into dough.
- 3. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 6-7 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies. Yield: about 7 dozen.
2 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Pecan Slices
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC