Lemon Pecan Bread
I love to make this lemon bread around the holidays to give as gifts. The pecans lend a nice crunch and the glaze adds a wonderfully sweet flavor with a burst of lemon.—Janice Hurd, Church Hill, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in pecans and lemon zest.
- Spoon into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For glaze, combine sugar and lemon juice. Immediately spoon over bread. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 257 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010