I love to make this lemon bread around the holidays to give as gifts. The pecans lend a nice crunch and the glaze adds a wonderfully sweet flavor with a burst of lemon.—Janice Hurd, Church Hill, Tennessee
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in pecans and lemon peel.
- Spoon into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For glaze, combine sugar and lemon juice. Immediately spoon over bread. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Lemon Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p111