Lemon Pear Pie
My husband loves all kinds of fruit, so he's a big fan of this fast-to-fix pie. The lemon and pear flavors taste fantastic together.—Carolina Hofeldt, Lloyd, Montana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves, drained and cubed
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; fold in pears. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store pie in the refrigerator.
Originally published as Lemon Pear Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001