My husband loves all kinds of fruit, so he's a big fan of this fast-to-fix pie. The lemon and pear flavors taste fantastic together.—Carolina Hofeldt, Lloyd, Montana
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) pear halves, drained and cubed
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; fold in pears. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Store pie in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Pear Pie in Country Woman July/August 2001, p35
Reviews forLemon Pear Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2010
"very good. I will make this one offten"