Lemon-Oat Cheesecake Bars
Because it's prepared in a jelly-roll pan, this dessert is easier than a traditional cheesecake. But it still has the same great flavor.—Sarah Miller, Wauconda, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Press the remaining oat mixture into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, milk and vanilla. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Cheesecake Bars in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.