Lemon Oat Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan; set remaining oat mixture aside. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and peel. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 465 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Oat Bars
"Very quick and easy to make, and very delicious. I made it exactly according to the recipe, only adding a light sprinkle of confectioners sugar when it came out of the oven, strictly for looks. Had some reservations about the cinnamon, but it added a nice touch. I made them to give to a friend but couldn't resist testing first - and ate three before I could get stopped!"