- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup cold butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan; set remaining oat mixture aside. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, lemon juice and peel. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forLemon Oat Bars
"Very quick and easy to make, and very delicious. I made it exactly according to the recipe, only adding a light sprinkle of confectioners sugar when it came out of the oven, strictly for looks. Had some reservations about the cinnamon, but it added a nice touch. I made them to give to a friend but couldn't resist testing first - and ate three before I could get stopped!"