Lemon Nut Crescents
"For an evening snack or even for breakfast, these nutty pastries, made from convenient crescent rolls, are terrific," relates field editor Carolyn Kyzer from Alexander, Arkansas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon thawed lemonade concentrate
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight triangles. Spread with 1 tablespoon butter. Combine nuts and lemon zest; sprinkle over dough. Roll into crescents. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar, sour cream, lemonade concentrate and remaining butter in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Brush over warm rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 225 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Nut Crescents in Taste of Home June/July 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.