- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Toss with butter; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, milk, 3/4 cup sugar and extracts until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over noodle mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 200°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forLemon Noodle Kugel
"This was the first Kugel I'd made or tasted. It was not bad, but I thought the lemon extract flavor was a little strong and kind of off putting. Maybe it was just my taster, becuase it was well received by those at the church supper I took it to. I'm going to try other recipes to see if I like them better."
"I love kugel and this is a great one! I also added the zest of one lemon and substituted nutmeg for the cinnamon, which I think is a better combo. The kids and I gobbled it up :)"
"I made this for a family gathering several months ago. My two nephews loved it as did everyone else. hey were given the left over to take home but forgot it. They returnrd the following day to retrieve it, traveling 35 miles. I certainly will make it again, especially when they are coming to the get together Rose--Harrisburg PA"