Lemon Mustard Chicken with Almonds
I love sweet-and-sour flavoring and came up with this version to capture that taste in chicken. The gelatin and mustard make an attractive golden sauce.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin, butter, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Brush over both sides of the chicken breasts and place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining mixture around chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, basting once. Uncover; baste and sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Sunshine Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.