Lemon Mustard Chicken with Almonds
I love sweet-and-sour flavoring and came up with this version to capture that taste in chicken. The gelatin and mustard make an attractive golden sauce.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin, butter, mustard, garlic salt and pepper. Brush over both sides of the chicken breasts and place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining mixture around chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes, basting once. Uncover; baste and sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Serve over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1231mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Sunshine Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook