Sometimes I serve this side dish chilled; sometimes I serve it hot. It has a very lovely appearance and goes well with almost any entree. —Shelly Nelson, Akeley, Minnesota
Featured In: 25 Fast Spring Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender and lightly browned. Drain orzo.
- In a large bowl, place orzo, mushroom mixture, pecans, parsley, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil; toss to combine. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Mushroom Orzo in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p117