Lemon Mousse Cheesecake
From Calgary, Alberta, Cathy Chan assures, “This is the perfect dessert for a special intimate dinner. Just add candlelight and music.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 8 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate wafers and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream and flour; beat well. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla just until mixed. Pour over crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 487 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Mousse Cheesecake for 2 in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.