Lemon Mousse Cheesecake
From Calgary, Alberta, Cathy Chan assures, “This is the perfect dessert for a special intimate dinner. Just add candlelight and music.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 8 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate wafers and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream and flour; beat well. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, peel and vanilla just until mixed. Pour over crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 487 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.