Lemon Mint Curd Recipe
I like to "dress up" ordinary recipes with my fresh, homegrown herbs. This minty lemon curd is a family favorite! —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1. Place sugar and mint leaves in a food processor; process until blended.
- 2. In a large heavy saucepan, whisk eggs, sugar mixture, lemon juice and lemon peel until blended. Add butter; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture is just thick enough to coat a metal spoon and a thermometer reads at least 170°. Do not allow to boil. Immediately stir in minced mint.
- 3. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Press plastic wrap onto surface of lemon curd; refrigerate until cold. Serve or transfer to covered jars and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Lemon Mint Curd
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC