Lemon-Maple Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, cut side down. Add water.
- Bake, covered, until squash is tender, 50-60 minutes. Cool slightly. Scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth.
Jan 8, 2019
This one is always quick, easy, and well received. I found this in 2010, printed it, and have used it since then. I have changed this up a bit, based on what I have on hand. Does well with lime and brown sugar. Works well with a stevia/lemon glaze for sugar intolerant guests. I’ve added sweet basil from the garden. I was trying to add this to My Plan to Eat account, so I could throw out the paper. I thought importing would be faster than typing. It took 40 min to find this again lol. Thanks for posting this Barbara
Nov 27, 2010
I tried this recipe to see if it would suit my family. It did - and I added it to the list of things I was taking to my brother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving. It was very well received, and I gave away my recipe! I will be making this again many times.