Lemon-Maple Butternut Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Halve squash lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish, cut side down. Add water.
- Bake, covered, until squash is tender, 50-60 minutes. Cool slightly. Scoop out pulp and place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; beat until smooth.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 186 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 41mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 8g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2019
This one is always quick, easy, and well received. I found this in 2010, printed it, and have used it since then. I have changed this up a bit, based on what I have on hand. Does well with lime and brown sugar. Works well with a stevia/lemon glaze for sugar intolerant guests. I’ve added sweet basil from the garden. I was trying to add this to My Plan to Eat account, so I could throw out the paper. I thought importing would be faster than typing. It took 40 min to find this again lol. Thanks for posting this Barbara
Nov 27, 2010
I tried this recipe to see if it would suit my family. It did - and I added it to the list of things I was taking to my brother-in-law's house for Thanksgiving. It was very well received, and I gave away my recipe! I will be making this again many times.