Lemon-Linguine Shrimp Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- LEMON DRESSING:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, vinegar, parsley, cayenne, oregano and salt; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; set aside.
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and peel; add linguine mixture and toss to coat.
- Drain and discard marinade. Add shrimp to linguine; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 486 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2013
I really enjoyed this dish! It does have a very strong lemon flavor, but it balanced well with the delicious shrimp. I will definitely make this again!
Jul 28, 2012
This salad was okay, but not great. I usually love lemon flavor, but as the previous writer said it was just too much. I probably will not make again.
Sep 19, 2010
This recipe was ok, I'll make it again but with a few changes. It was WAY too lemony for our taste, so I'll definitely reduce the amount of lemon juice. I may also add some peas or some other kind of vegetable to it. It was also way too spicey for my taste, but I'm a weakling. Hubby said that the amount was just right for him. Other than these few things it was pretty good! It was good warm or cold and I got some fresh shrimp.