Lemon-Lime Crackle Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 large eggs
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a blender or food processor, combine the coconut, lemon zest and lime zest. Cover and process until finely chopped, about 30 seconds; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, eggs, dry whipped topping mix and lemon juice. Add dry cake mix and coconut mixture and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into a bowl of confectioner's sugar. Shape into balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2010
This is a very, very light and moist cake-type cookie that might be served at a tea party. It is so soft that it can easily fall apart. The cookie is tasty- but would not travel well.