- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 to 10 cups milk
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and gelatin. Add half-and-half, lemon juice and extracts; beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Stir in enough milk to measure 1 gallon. Add food coloring if desired.
- Freeze in batches according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate extra mixture until it can be frozen. Allow to ripe in ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerate freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 1 gallon.
Reviews forLemon Ice Cream
"This ice cream has a really refreshing flavor. I will find a different recipe for next time however because the sugar and/or the gelatin did not dissolve and so the ice cream has a granular rather than a creamy taste. Prepared per the receipe and ice cream maker directions. Not sure what happened!"