Lemon-Herbed Turkey Breast Recipe
"This is a family favorite that's also popular with company," notes Alicia Glovor of Sterling, Alaska. "The herbs tucked under the skin give the turkey a wonderful aroma as it's roasting, and the lemon juice adds a subtle hint of citrus."
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8-1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1. Loosen skin from turkey with fingers, leaving skin attached along bottom edges. In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and seasonings. Spread under turkey skin.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine remaining lemon juice and oil; set aside.
- 3. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°; basting every 15-20 minutes with lemon mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Discard skin before carving. Yield: 16 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 158 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Lemon-Herbed Turkey Breast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC