- 2-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 salmon fillet (3 to 4 pounds)
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese, thyme, lemon zest and salt; mix well. Add 4 tablespoons butter and toss lightly to coat; set aside.
- Pat salmon dry. Place skin side down in a greased baking dish. Brush with remaining butter; cover with crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forLemon Herbed Salmon
"Delicious and easy"
"I followed instructions and while the flavor was good, it turned out a little dry for me. Next time i might add a little oil or more butter but I would try it again. Served with broccoli cheddar rice and made a great meal."
"i like the idea of lemon with salmon. i made this with frozen fillets and it was really a big hot with my family. i plan to make this recipe often"
"Love this recipe. It has so much flavor.. I add a little dill and lemon pepper to the mix."
"I have used this recipe for years, since it first came out in the "Taste of Home" magazine many years ago!! The topping adds texture and wonderful extra flavor. I make it as is, no alterations to this one! Makes a delightful presentation as well! Appropriate for company."
"Excellent recipe! I cut the measurements down for a 1lb salmon, and I added Mediterranean seasoning. My topping was thick and covered the entire filet, but I let it bake at 375 for closer to 30 minutes. It was awesome! Definitely making again!"
"We have made is recipe many times and it never fails. In fact, you end up with twice as much topping than needed when you make this, so I freeze half of it for the next time."