Lemon-Herb Turkey Breast
The first time I tried this recipe, and told my kids I’d prepared the turkey differently, they threw a fit…until they tasted it. Now they make it in their own homes. The marinade makes the turkey moist and flavorful. Using a turkey breast is a nice change from preparing a whole turkey.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano and sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds)
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, parsley, onions, garlic, mustard and seasonings; cover and process until smooth. Pour 1 cup marinade into a 2-gal. resealable plastic bag; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil. Drain and discard marinade; place turkey on a rack in prepared pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
Originally published as Turkkey Marinade for Turkey in Country Extra November 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.