Greek olives have a fruity flavor that comes into play when you mix them with lemon and fresh herbs. Spoon over goat cheese and slather on crackers. —Jeanne Ambrose, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: Classy Appetizers for Your Oscars Party
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup assorted pitted Greek olives
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Assorted crackers
- In a small skillet, combine the first five ingredients; heat over medium heat 2-3 minutes or just until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Stir in olives; heat through, allowing flavors to blend. Cool completely.
- To serve, place cheese on a serving plate. Stir basil into olive mixture; spoon over cheese. Serve with crackers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Herb Olives with Goat Cheese in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016