Lemon Herb Lamb Chops
This recipe comes from my aunt, who thought we'd enjoy it because we like lamb. She was right.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chops and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil lamb 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Herb Lamb Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook