Lemon Herb Lamb Chops
This recipe comes from my aunt, who thought we'd enjoy it because we like lamb. She was right.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add the chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil lamb 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 303 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Herb Lamb Chops in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.