- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 6 whole graham crackers (about 5 inches x 2-1/2 inches)
- Place milk in a mixing bowl; add beaters to bowl. Freeze for 25-30 minutes or until soft crystals form around edges of bowl. Beat milk until stiff peaks form . Gradually add sugar, lemon juice and food coloring if desired; mix well. Place five graham crackers in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish; pour milk mixture over crackers. Crush remaining graham cracker and sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon Graham Freeze
"Light and refreshing. We enjoyed it."
"This is a nice, light dessert or snack. It is good in the summertime or if you are trying to lose weight. If I don't have evaporated milk, I will prepare 2/3 cup of powdered milk, but double the amount of powder."