Lemon-Glazed Poppy Seed Ring
I like to modify existing recipes to be more interesting. This bread is a combination of three old standbys; the poppy seed kolaches my Ukranian grandmother used to make, the cinnamon rolls I learned to make in Girl Scouts and the lemon glaze from my favorite tube pan cake.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (14 slices)
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/2 cup poppy seed filling
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Do not separate biscuits. Place on a greased baking sheet and pat into a 14x8-in. rectangle. Spread poppy seed filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Bring ends together to form a ring; pinch ends to seal.
- With scissors, cut from outside edge to two-thirds of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Gently stretch ring to form a 4-1/2-in. center. Separate strips slightly; twist to allow filling to show.
- Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Cool.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 183 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.