Lemon-Glazed Pecan Slices
A tart lemon icing pairs well with these rich bars that resemble pecan pie. Everyone loves them whenever I take them to work or potlucks.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, cut butter into 1 cup flour until crumbly. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar and vanilla until blended. Combine the baking powder, salt and remaining flour; gradually add to egg mixture. Stir in pecans and coconut. Spread over warm crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice; spread over bars. Let set before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 93 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Pecan Slices in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.