- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- Place carrots in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Add brown sugar, lemon juice and salt; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Drain carrots; add butter mixture and toss gently. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forLemon-Glazed Carrots
"Delicious! Served them to company and everyone loved them. I microwaved carrot slices and added them to the sauce. Really easy."
"Glazed carrots are one of my favorite foods in general. These lemon glazed carrots are superb.Coupon for organic carrots:http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/09/1-off-any-two-earthbound-farm-organic-products-48-unpeeled-carrots-at-walmart-3.html"