Lemon Ginger Snowballs
Want an elegant treat for guests? Buttery dough is a delectable backdrop for the bold lemon, ginger and macadamia flavors here.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in macadamia nuts, ginger and lemon zest.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. When completely cool, roll again in sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 89 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Lemon-Ginger Snowballs in Country Woman Christmas 2012