VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extract. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in macadamia nuts, ginger and lemon peel.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until the bottoms are lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; cool on wire racks. When completely cool, roll again in sugar. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Ginger Snowballs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p62