Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages (5-1/4 ounces each) thin ginger cookies
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon zest until creamy. Beat in lemon curd until smooth. Gradually add cream, beating on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
- Line bottom of an 8-in. square dish with nine cookies; spread with about 2/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers six times. Sprinkle with crystallized ginger. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 521 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 24, 2018
I want to try this. It looks great. I've been shopping for the cookies and only find round ones. Can you tell me what type to buy that are square or rectangle to fit into the dish? Plus I'm having trouble finding thin ones. Thanks.
Nov 12, 2018
Definitely a keeper! I will make this over and over again. Great for summer, but also a little something different for the Holidays.
Jun 18, 2018
So delicious! Perfect dessert for a hot day.
Aug 26, 2017
This cake was excellent with the perfect amount of tang.