Lemon-Ginger Barbecued Ribs
Although my husband does most of the cooking for us, the kitchen is all mine on weekends! I was inspired to make this recipe for a family member who's allergic to tomatoes.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours 10 min.
- 8 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Place the ribs in two shallow roasting pans; add water. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- For sauce, in a blender, combine the lemon juice, corn syrup, garlic and seasonings; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drain ribs. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Spoon some of the sauce over ribs.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-low heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and brushing with sauce. Serve remaining sauce with ribs.