Lemon-Garlic Turkey Breast
It's simple to prepare a main dish that easily morphs into tender slices of lunch meat. This turkey breast is hearty, healthy and easy to make!—Sandra Hall, Decatur, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours. + standing
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), skin removed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Line bottom of a greased 6-qt. slow cooker with three-fourths of the lemon slices. Place turkey over lemons, breast side up. Mix parsley, garlic, lemon zest, pepper seasoning and salt; rub over turkey. Top with remaining lemon slices. Cook, covered, on low until turkey is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for sauce; serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked turkey: 197 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 371mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 43g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat.
Originally published as Lemony-Garlic Turkey Breast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.