It's simple to prepare a main dish that easily morphs into tender slices of lunch meat. This turkey breast is hearty, healthy and easy to make!—Sandra Hall, Decatur, Texas
Featured In: 60 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 to 7 pounds), skin removed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Line bottom of a greased 6-qt. slow cooker with three-fourths of the lemon slices. Place turkey over lemons, breast side up. Mix parsley, garlic, lemon peel, pepper seasoning and salt; rub over turkey. Top with remaining lemon slices. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until turkey is tender.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. If desired, skim fat and thicken pan drippings for sauce; serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon-Garlic Turkey Breast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p26