Lemon Garlic Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussles sprouts, quartered
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, saute brussels sprouts and onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic, lemon juice and zest, salt if desired and pepper; saute for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until the sprouts are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 73 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 21, 2017
We love these tender tangy sprouts!
Jan 4, 2017
My family loves this recipe. Even friends who do not like Brussels Sprouts like this recipe.
Oct 27, 2016
Love the brightness the lemon gives to the earthy Brussels sprouts. A keeper!
Nov 13, 2012
I've been making these since TOH published in their magazine many years ago. Even finicky eaters love these!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.