Lemon Garlic Shrimp
You just may make memories with this yummy Lemon Garlic Shrimp, suggests Kristine DeGaetano from Brick, New Jersey. “This was the meal I cooked for my husband on our first date,” she recalls. “To this day, he still remembers that night whenever I cook it for him.” TIP: If you’re watching your sodium intake, serve over regular long grain or wild rice, rather than a mix. Tip idea: If you are watching your sodium, serve this over regular long grain or wild rice, not from a mix. From a mix, 1 cup rice is left over. We could give a suggestion for using it.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup cooked rice for another use. Drain and discard marinade from shrimp.
- In a large skillet, saute shrimp in reserved marinade for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve shrimp with remaining rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 463 calories, 16g fat (1g saturated fat), 252mg cholesterol, 1319mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Lemon-Garlic Shrimp in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.